
This weekend my mom and I went to go see Wicked in San Francisco. It was a phenomenal play! In fact it kind of confirmed that I like musicals - not sure why but for awhile I thought I was not a huge fan, in reality I like them quite a bit - just not remade into movies. This play will make you think about the Wizard of Oz in a very different way - I can say I will never look at the movie the same again - although with Tim Burton behind the reigns of an 09 remake - none of us will. (if ever you need a children's story spooked out and exposed for all it's weirdness all while incorporating fantastic imagery - call Tim Burton).
Sitting next to us were two little girls with these fantastic capes - this made me think of two things.
A) Morgan would love a cape like they had, and they were gorgeous - this caused a little extra tug on my already nagging idea that I NEED to learn to sew. When I do learn to sew my first project should definitely be a cape. Given my average timelines of getting around to learning new things, she should have a cape by oh, 16 or so. Do you think she'll still want it? ha ha
B) I can't wait to be able to take her to her first Broadway play / musical. It would be uber-fantastic if it were a Broadway play on actual Broadway (for me too - NYC needs to see my person and I it) but SF or another comparable city would be just fine too :-). I realize I have a bit more time until she is old enough, and trust me given her current speed of growth and aging I am not rushing anything to move any faster than it already is - but it is still fun to think of.
If you have not seen Wicked, make a point to go if you can - it's SO worth it!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment