
Morgan is now officially 5! She is quite excited to be 5 - I am totally wondering where the time went. I seriously had a moment at breakfast where I thought I might cry - looking over across the table at a big girl who just a little bit ago was a tiny baby. She has grown and changed so much (I know that's the point) over 5 years and she's no longer a baby or toddler - she's a little girl.
I have been thinking quite a bit about many of her firsts. Making and feeding her first food (carrots), watching her military crawl (she never really crawled in the "normal" crawling way) turn into walking, the first time she actually slept alone (7 months post-birth), her first trip to the ocean wobbling around on the beach, taking a trip on an airplane all the way across the country before she was 3 and being the best travel partner anyone could ask for (I have to laugh as I remember her freaking out that we were taking a car that was NOT ours - this trip also involved her first lesson in rental cars), riding on her first "big kid" roller coster in the front car - holding her hands up straight in the air, remembering the way she used to call hotels hotel-os, seeing her write her name for the first time, and how excited she was to discover that this year she could touch the bottom of the pool (in the shallow end).
I love all of the adventures we have had so far and the fact that she is always ready for another one. I love what an amazing, smart, articulate, inventive, creative person she is. I constantly admire the way she views the world and how carefree she is - I hope she keeps a bit of that with her throughout her life. I could not have been more blessed than to be given my MorgyBug! I am beyond proud to be her mama!!!!

2 comments:
You are such a proud mama!! Your post made me want to cry!! It is so amazing and so hard at the same time to watch our babies grow into little people. We are so lucky to be able to be a part of that though! The best part of all her growing and learning and being the little lady that she is today and will grow up to be is the person who has taught her all she knows...YOU!!! Love you Sara & Morg!!!
Thank you Beth!!! It is the craziest thing to have something evoke SO many emotions at one time... XOXO
Post a Comment