Friday, August 6, 2010

Paygwen Srfen



Sometimes it just takes the small joyful things to make you smile and understand that all is okay! Today two "small" things happened. 


First, Morgan lost the second of her two front teeth - she lost the first yesterday during a field trip and as I understand it, this particular tooth got to spend some time bouncing around a bounce house after it fell out. Its partner came out today at the park. (both amazingly were found) 


Second, because it was her last day FOREVER at her daycare / preschool / kindergarten she took with her some of her old writing journals. I was just thumbing through and could not help but smile. It's interesting to see her progression over the year toward sounding out and spelling... 


From her "purple journal".... 


I like my hawse, I see me hawse




My room is clean. Very clean. (thought Grandma would like that)




(my favorite) The paygwen is srfen on a wayv.




and some longer dialogue: 


Why are you here, are you here to play. No I am not here to play. Then why are you here. :-)



Monday she starts first grade. Am I 100% ready for that - not totally. Is she - VERY much so! 


She has her "first-grader" backpack ready to go and filled with necessary supplies, her outfit and shoes purchased and waiting, and a general excitement about all this new world has to offer... I think we can learn from 6-year-olds. Morgan finds joy in so many things - I know that I should too. While I do to some degree - perhaps not enough. 


The other week at church the pastor talked about blessings and joy. Do you realize your blessings (large and small) - are you optimistic or pessimistic? The last couple of weeks have reminded me and taught me a great deal about blessings... And so, I have decided to start our weekly blessings journal. Just one thing each week that was a blessing or brought us joy, a reminder of all we have and hopefully a smack down on those pessimistic moments. :-) 

No comments: