Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Up2date



Christmas pictures coming soon... I left my camera at the parents house, so - no camera = no photo uploads, but soon - very soon!

As a quick update on the happenings:

* The tooth fairy came. It so happens she was very excited about the loss of this first tooth AND also wanted to provide adequate compensation given the fact that Morgan really wanted to keep her tooth. The tooth fairy was so excited that she left $5.... However, she surely will leave much less (and have more change on hand) in future ;-). 

* Morgan has nixed her buy a Jonas dog from build a bear plan. She would now like to buy a fish with the money she has earned and is committed to keep earning as now she needs a little more given that the fish will need a house (and, she also would like her fish to have something to play in/with, etc..) She has names all picked out and wants a goldfish.... I actually think she may have just enough - need to research tank prices!

* She completed her fall library reading program BINGO card - now all she needs is for mama to take her to the library before Thursday to turn it in - Dec. 31st is the deadline to get her book reward.

* Another sinus infection has invaded her nasal passage! The benefit of the adenoid removal is that she gets them less frequently and they are not as stubborn (i.e. one course of treatment should work) - but they still can occur - case in point, our visit to the Dr. today followed by another Rx filled. At this point I am a pro - I can tell a sinus infection with my eyes closed and hands behind my back :-)...  Luckily she's on break this week so when school starts back up Monday she should be feeling (and breathing a whole lot better). 

* She is reading!!! As with everything else it's happened so quickly - but now she is going through sentences, sounding out each word she does not know, and reading. This morning she read instructions in her workbook on how to complete the page. I am as always - so proud and amazed. She's also continuing to write words and sentences - she tends to favor a particular series of sentences:

I see my mom.

I like my mom. 

I love my mom.

And.... I love those sentences - what mom would not!!! 



No comments: