
The month of December brings many things, one of which is the annual Blue Kangaroo holiday program. The kids spend a couple of weeks before hand practicing a series of songs, making headbands, etc. all in an effort to present a united singing front to their parents and extended family.
Morgan was excited about her program and I was too. Last year she did SO well; I was shocked. Not that she sang well, just that she didn't freeze at the sight of all the people watching. Her enthusiasm led me to believe this too would be a year of masterful singing.

We started the morning with the usual tasks, but when dressing time was announced she made sure to check that her clothes were "extra special" for the day as she wanted to be the "cutest". Yes, she really said this. Of course an outfit is not complete without a complimentary hair style so curling commenced and shiny ribbon was added to the pulled back pieces. All in all I think she was quite happy with the end product.
Another big part of the morning was wrestling with chocolate marshmallows (yes, I used the idea that quickly). It seemed such an easy thing to make. In retrospect maybe not as easy as thought. The main issue was the chocolate hardening and lack of fridge space. I was going to individually bag each marshmallow stick, WAS being the operative word. They were not in a state of bag"ability" so instead we stacked. They still looked nice and she was happy to be bringing this fantastic Morgan approved treat!
Three hours later came the big show. The kids all lined up in place...

And then the singing began. First there was Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.
Followed by Santa Claus is Coming to Town...
It appears that this year she was a bit tired and distracted by itchy headband and tights. They way it sounds in the video is exactly as it was in person. Many, many children singing. All in their own time. We will consider it a studio mix type version of Christmas Caroling!
They finished their show, took a bow (just a few, most declined) and moved on to lunch. One thing I have learned as a parent and the mom of Morgan is keep food familiar. In this case there was a large piece of ham on her plate. Ham is not a meat she is uber-familiar with (probably my doing I am not so much a fan of ham) and so I went straight for the known factor by calling it Turkey Ham. This turkey ham though slightly different in taste and color was okay because, it was turkey, and turkey is ok! :-)


No comments:
Post a Comment